Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Obesity Sensitivity



Ever wonder what a surgical technologist does? Well this isn't quite it, but it is part of a training video I made for work. My hospital is now a 'bariatric center of excellence', and for that we're required to have obesity sensitivity training. Management got the idea for a video, some nurses volunteered, I got recruited (I'm also the host/narrator of the rest of the video), and we finally got it done. Here's the introduction they allowed me complete creative independance to make.

7 Callers:

Blogger Cream said...

Great vid, CD! How's your spleen?

01 August, 2007  
Blogger Roo said...

Why be a writer you have a promising acting/ directing career ahead of you. What a great debut.

01 August, 2007  
Blogger Chill Daddy said...

Cream - thanks. I was wrong, though, it was my funny bone that had ruptured, not my spleen. I'd had every intention of doing several better jokes, but the only person who stayed at the hospital late enough to help me that night was my man 'shed' (we filmed it at midnight). Anyway, the 'yo momma so fat' jokes would have probably gotten me in trouble - but it would've been worth it.

roo - thanks, I'll be available for autographs in the lobby after the show.

01 August, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Veeflower...why don't you put this on YouTube? I just loved it! I watched it more than once and will again. I will send it to all my friends. Hey, I would have been willing to be the fat dude. You should have called. It's scary down in them there halls, though.

02 August, 2007  
Blogger DCveR said...

This brings to memory the case of the lady who was so fat she had to be taken to zoo to do a CAT scan... she wouldn't fit in the regular machines at the hospital.

11 August, 2007  
Blogger Chill Daddy said...

Dcver, that's special.

We would have to call it a special CT scan, not a 'larger' CT scan.

12 August, 2007  
Anonymous Yoob said...

Hm, this video and subsequent comments stirs the marketing juices. Medical equipment for spatially challenged folk need not be offensive, we do not call it a hoist or crane but a lifter or meat manipulator.
the Mega Max Orbiting Scanner becomes the Dyno-Probe, if the patient askes just say dyno is for "dynamic" and probe is well....what a probe does....probe.

29 December, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home