Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Rhyme Master Chill



I won second place in a limerick contest. Yea, go me. So I'm pretty famous now, there must've been like, thirty people at the stage where I gave my reading. I even signed my first autograph (actually a doctor from the audience wanted me to write my limerick down for her, she didn't really even ask for my name - it'll make sense after you watch the video). Other accolades included a huge cash prize of 25 dollars and two free tickets to the Michigan Irish Music Festival last weekend which was incredible and which is also incidentally where I gave my reading at the back stage where people didn't care to go because a really good Celtic-rock band that I would have liked to have heard was playing on the mainstage which you can almost hear in the video when I'm in-between lines of limerick funniness but what would have been a really good prize would have been unlimited free Guiness.

Guiness, as it turns out, is pretty tasty.

4 Callers:

Blogger Roo said...

Congrats on the contest.

21 September, 2007  
Blogger Roo said...

I updated

21 September, 2007  
Blogger Cream said...

Unlimited Guinness!!! Wow!
Loved your limericks, CD.

25 September, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the video with the limericks. I of course am very proud of you for winning yet another writing contest. However, I now have a problem...I lie awake at night writing limericks in my head!

01 October, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home