Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A blog post.

So here’s something weird that just happened:

I took a break from my writing to wake up and get some fresh air by going for a walk through the woods on the trail around my house. I get into the trees, and I look up, and I’m face-to-face with this deer almost. Ten yards anyway, pretty close. “Oh, hello,” I say. Then when she doesn’t answer, I say, “Wow, I’m surprised you let me get this close.” And she’s just staring at me and I realize that this kind of an abstract thing is happening and I get just a tiny bit creeped-out, so I say, “You know, you should probably run or something,” and so she does.

Whew.

But there’s these other deer in the woods too, and I swear they were kind of circling me as I walked. They stayed about fifty yards away, but they kept moving around and watching me and they wouldn’t run away which would be proper deer behavior. I figure that either they were mustering up the nerve to mug me, or maybe I was close to their nest and they had eggs or something. Anyhow, they never made their move and I got home okay.


Check out my word-count. Betcha can't guess when I got sick and was trying to quit smoking. (hint: I'm still sick and still trying to quit, but I'm getting used to it)




7 Callers:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love deer stories! Tell some more!...Veeflower

15 November, 2007  
Blogger Cream said...

Yes, more words please!

20 November, 2007  
Anonymous Yoob said...

Don't forget about new years. (copied on other blogs as well.
The fwahd is mexican this year, items making the list are:

Guacamole'
Bean dip
Queso
(all home made).

Various pickled things
Beef Taquittos, Chicken Enchillada's and to top off the list offerings we have the obligatory chips and Salsa.
Not to metion the fun and commeradery our family enjoys on such occasions.

30 December, 2007  
Anonymous Jamie said...

You should feel left out..most people are updating blogs

01 January, 2008  
Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

Where were you on New Year's Eve? Chris had to work (mandatory) at the hotel, and I could tag along if I worked,too,so that's what we did. But he got to leave at midnight, so we went to Yoobie's and had a blast. It was a lot of fun, and the food was divine! We missed you....but not that much.

06 January, 2008  
Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

By the way, everyone, you should check out the "Obesity Sensitivity" training video on right. It kills!

06 January, 2008  
Blogger pixiegirl10 said...

Unky Ray I watched your video's they do kill! LOL!!!

24 January, 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home